For the sake of the environment
We encourage our employees' sense of responsibility for the environment and energy conservation at all levels. Our company places high priority on the efficient use of resources, the deployment of renewable energies, and well-honed management of our waste recycling. Achieving our goals involves us actively leveraging our management systems to ensure continuous and sustainable improvement in our environmental performance.
The actions we are implementing:
- Our premises in Hamm are powered 100% with green electricity (hydropower from Scandinavia).
- In 2019 we installed seven electric charging stations at our business premises. These can be used by our customers, visitors and employees to charge their vehicles. They include charging points with various connections from 380 V to Type2. We have also considered our two-wheeled visitors and installed two charging stations for e-bikes and pedelecs.
- We have been successively upgrading our fleet with hydrogen and e-powered vehicles since 2019.
- In 2016 we introduced an environmental management system according to ISO 14001 and an energy management system according to ISO 50001 to continuously improve ourselves and preserve natural resources.
- Our car policy has various limits and a bonus/malus scheme, which means we are constantly reducing CO2 emissions.
- Mobile working and the use of video conferencing tools are helping us to reduce business trips by car and air travel.
- We are distilling waste thinners and lacquer residues to reuse them within our operations as regenerate (solvent).
- We have benefitted from renovating our lighting systems and switching to LED lights to make considerable CO2 savings, and also create better working conditions for our employees.
- We return all used plastic IBCs to the manufacturer for recycling.
- We separate our waste by type to conserve resources via recycling.
- Processes are not only more reliable, but also more efficiently controlled thanks to the use and further development of a new ERP system (MS-NAVISION).
- We use a legal register (GEORG) to implement binding internal/external obligations in a legally compliant manner.
- In 2021 we built a photovoltaic system at our premises.
- All new lighting fixtures will be converted to LED to save as many kilowatt hours as possible.
- We have been renovating our building stock for energy efficiency for many years, and will continue to do so in the future.
- Replacement and new acquisition of equipment in our production facilities
- Shortening of internal transport routes
- Replacing an oil-fired burner with a pellet burner for the production of thermal energy
- An increase in material efficiency / less internal waste
- Almost all waste we produce will be sent for recycling